Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Art Of Racing In The Rain

Photobucket

"Racers are often called selfish and egoistical. I myself have called race car drivers selfish; I was wrong. To be a champion, you must have no ego at all. You must not exist as a separate entity. You must give yourself over to the race. You are nothing if not for your team, your car, your shoes, your tires. Do not mistake confidence and self awareness for egotism."

A man and his best friend, side-by-side, soul mates, a pair, partners for life.
For a dog to think so wisely, even more wise than humans that has the advantage of having two very useful thumbs and the ability to speak, its just shameful. I read, from the first word to the last, a slow start as usual, as I approach the end, I probably did not stop reading for the last 50 pages or more, going on, so exciting, going on, so interesting, and hoping the story will never end, yeah that's how I do it. I guess this time, I got so very sucked in the story when Garth Stein described the speed and feeling of that Ferrari, the one I saw before at Freddie Ang's, probably the exact same model, this beauty, this Ferrari,

Photobucket

"There is no dishonor in losing the race,
there is only dishonor in not racing because you are afraid to lose."

No comments: