Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Understand



Questioned by a confused person,
answered by people I know from camp lions, again. :)


Wish i could differentiate between real love, a crush or simply just whole-hearted platonic care for a person.


Justin Poh: How can you differentiate real love, a crush or simply just a whole hearted platonic care for a person? it is Simple. your intentions. Are there any conditions to your giving of love? if it is a conditioned love, its lifespan in an impermanent reality will be short and fraught with flaws, faults and cracks. but of course, you can be the repairman and constantly repair those flaws, faults and cracks so that your love becomes whole and beautiful.


Teo Heng Hao: S
ince justin touched on the metta sort of love,
I shall touch on "real love" It is still conditional but a practicing Buddhist would try to reduce conditions to prevent hurt.
A crush occurs when you see the person in a new light where everything the person does is cute and just plain good in everything.
I would say long term love instead of real love.
Long term love occurs when the initial flame of a possible crush dies down slowly,
you still throw in wood for the fire and you see the flaws but you still accept the person and aid the person in getting rid of his/her defoulments. Helping the person change not for you but for him/herself.
Just my take i guess. I'm no expert. haha. I'm still learning.




I once again admire the way they think.
But I have to agree with Heng Hao on this one. =)



No comments: