Saturday, April 11, 2009

Answered The Thought, My Love


Knowing it would be the last time watching you fall asleep,
Tightly I would tuck you in, and pray your soul to keep.
Knowing it would be the last time that I'd watch you walk out that door,
Hug you as warm, kiss you as sincere, and call you back once more.
Knowing its the last time I'd hear your sweet voice lifted up in praise,
Tape each word and action i would, and play them throughout my days.
Knowing its the last time, I would spare an extra minute or two,
Pause and say from the bottom of my heart "I Love You," instead of assuming you know I do.
Just in case tomorrow never comes, today is all i get,
I'd like to say how much i love you, hoping we will never forget.
Tomorrow is not promised to anyone, young or old alike,
And today may be the last chance you get to hold your dearest one tonight.
If you're waiting for tomorrow, whats with harmless today?
For if the day never comes, regret the day you will
That you didn't take that extra time for a hug, a kiss, or just a smile,
And you were busy enough to grant someone, what turned out to be their one final wish.

Hold your loved ones close today, and whisper in their ear.
How much you love them, always hold them dear.
~Norma Cornett Marek~
Improvised version.

Take time to say
"I'm sorry"
"Please forgive me"
"Thank you"
"Its okay"
"I love you"
Richard Carlson, author
passed away after writting this book
leaving millions reeling,
Letters, calls, and e-mails never erased the loss felt by his wife, Kristine.
Assuageing her grief, pored over a quarter century's supply of love letters,
Reliving the emotions and cherishing her true love's memory.
Profoundly moving act of healing, focused on one letter full of particularly apt questions,
The one Richard given to her on their eighteenth anniversary,
With keen insight and fresh passionly answered these questions.
Offering her heartfelt response to Richard's moving letter.
An intimate look inside a special relationship,
A gift to the many people whose lives changed for his inspiring work,
A lifetime loving experience having readers wondering,
"If you had one hour to live,
what would you do,
and who would you call?"
Extraordinary and uplifting,
Showing the importence of treasuring everyday,
As the in credible gilft that it is.

2 comments:

~Mun Mun~ said...

I wan borrow this book!!!!!

Jason said...

i borrowed this book from my friend.. i'll ask her la.. XD